1. I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY COMPUTER ACCOUNT AND EMAIL ACCOUNT. I will not give my password to anyone. I will log off from my account when I am finished. If I see another person’s work on a computer screen, I will tell an adult. I will wait to use the computer until an adult has removed the material.
2. I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY LANGUAGE. I will only use language on the Internet and in my school email that I
would use in the classroom with my teacher. I will not use bad words when I use a computer.
3. I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR HOW I TREAT OTHER PEOPLE. I will not write anything mean or hurtful to another person. I will not be a bully or make fun of anyone. I will not “stalk” any person online or by text message. I will tell a teacher if I see anything hurtful to another student online.
4. I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY USE OF THE UNION BEACH SCHOOL DISTRICT’S NETWORK. I will not look for web pages with pictures, words, or sounds that are not appropriate in school. I will not look for web pages or documents about sex, violence, or weapons. I will not download any files, including music and video files, unless a teacher gives me permission.
5. I AM A RESPONSIBLE MEMBER OF MY SCHOOL WHEN I AM ONLINE. I will not write anything or post pictures or video that is hurtful or embarrassing to anyone on MySpace, Facebook, or any other site.
6. I AM RESPONSIBLE TO BE HONEST ABOUT WHO I AM ONLINE. I will not pretend to be anyone else online. I will not send email, create an account, or post any words, pictures, or sounds using someone else’s name. I will not use another person’s login name or password.
7. I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR PROTECTING THE SECURITY OF THE UNION BEACH SCHOOL DISTRICT NETWORK. I will not try to change security settings or install any software on school computers without permission. I will not use a phone, personal laptop, or any electronic device in school without a teacher’s permission.
8. I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR PROTECTING UNION BEACH SCHOOL DISTRICT PROPERTY. I will not break or destroy any computer equipment on purpose. I will not move any equipment, including keyboards and mice, without permission.
9. I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR PROTECTING OTHER PEOPLE’S PROPERTY ONLINE. I will not “plagiarize.” When I use information from a website, I need to let people know where I got the information. I will cite my sources. I will obey copyright laws and will not download words, pictures, video, or music that belongs to someone else.
10. I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR FOLLOWING SCHOOL RULES IF I PUBLISH ANYTHING ONLINE. I will not publish any material on a school website, wiki, blog, podcast, or discussion group without permission. I will not publish a picture, including my picture, with the person’s first or last name in the caption.