On behalf of the Board of Education, the administration, central office personnel, and the entire school staff-- we want to welcome you and your child to the 2019-2020 school year at Memorial. We are eagerly anticipating the opportunity to engage with your child and to offer a wealth of educationally enriching experiences. It is our mission to provide a safe and nurturing environment that challenges all students to achieve their highest potential while becoming responsible, productive, enthusiastic lifelong learners and citizens. This is most effectively accomplished when a supportive network involving the home, school, and community is in place. Please be certain to visit www.unionbeachschools.org for district information-- including the student handbook, PTA calendar, lunch menu, school supply lists, faculty websites, contact information and more. We recommend you visit the website often to keep informed of school events.
Students (K-8) should arrive to school between 8:00-8:30am. Homeroom begins for Pre-K-8 students at 8:30am. Students are marked late to school if they arrive after that time. After the 8:30am bell rings, students must enter the main office door to receive a late pass. Dismissal for all students is at 3:00pm. In an effort to reduce the number of students being dismissed between 2:30pm and 3:00pm, please refrain from picking your child up during those times unless there is an emergency.
First two days of school (September 5th and 6th) arrival procedure:
- Preschool will enter door 4, 6, or 7 (APR)
- K & 1 will enter door 12 (back of the school gym) and line-up in the gym by their teacher’s name
- 2nd to 5th will enter door 2 or 3 (front of the school) or door 8 (water tower) and line-up outside their classroom
- 6th to 8th will enter through the main entrance (Door 1) and report to the commons area
Beginning September 9th and the rest of the school year arrival procedure:
- Between 8:00AM and 8:20AM the students can enter the main entrance or the APR entrance (all students will be supervised by teachers)
- All doors will be open from 8:20-8:30am
- Preschool should enter door 4, 6, or 7
- K to 2 should enter door 8, 10 or 11
- 3rd to 5th should enter door 2 or 3
- 6th to 8th grades should enter door 1
Dismissal procedures are as follows:
- Preschool will dismiss from door 4, 6, or 7
- K will dismiss through door 10
- 1st will dismiss through door 11
- 2nd and 3rd will dismiss through door 8
- 4th and 5th will dimsss through door 2 or 3
- 6 to 8 may dismiss through the main entrance, door 10, door 11 or the ramp at door 15. If a child must pick up a sibling, please make arrangements for your child to meet siblings at the younger child’s dismissal door or classroom. Please notify their teachers of this in writing.
The Union Beach School District offers a before and aftercare program. If you require information about either, registration information and forms can be printed from the district website or picked-up in the main office. You may call 732-264-5402 for more information on the Aftercare Program. We look forward to a rich, educational 2019-2020 school year! Enjoy the rest of your summer!