Welcome to a new year at Memorial School. Among the many programs available through our school is a Before-care and After-care Program in order to assist working parents. The program will offer a safe and pleasant environment for your children while you are not able to be with them. This handout will highlight information about the program should you be in need of our services. For our returning families, welcome back and please read carefully as there have been some minor changes. To our new families, welcome aboard and we look forward to meeting you and your children.
- Breakfast is available for all students. If you qualify for free or reduced lunch, you would qualify for breakfast as well.
- Ms. Nechamkin, Director of Special Services, supervises the Before and After Care Programs and can be reached at the school at any time at 732-264-5402.
- Please send student with a healthy snack; juice and/or milk will be provided.
- There is allotted homework time. The children are grouped by grade level and a staff member is with each group (2 with kindergarten). A reminder that homework is ultimately the responsibility of the student and parent; this is a courtesy offering of our program.
- Free play, outside, children should wear sneakers or shoes appropriate for free outdoor play. Children should also dress appropriately for outdoor play as the weather changes.
- Indoor organized play. At the end of the day the students play inside using arts/crafts, board games, building blocks, reading, etc… For days when students would like to relax, there are movies available, both short and long. If students bring in their own toys (dolls, action figures) we encourage sharing; these belongings are their responsibility.
- All students must be signed out in a daily log. The sign out book is at the end of the circle in the front of the school. It is the blue door closest to the cafeteria. Before-care begins at 7:00 a.m and After-care ends at 6:00 p.m. Drop off in the morning is in the teacher parking lot, back cafeteria door, please DO NOT PARK.
- Financial information and registration is attached, as well as simple guidelines.