Ms. Healey's and Miss Gaspar's Class
Welcome to 3rd grade!
We are very excited to have the opportunity to work with you and your child this year.
This website has been created to keep you informed of important events, homework, and what to expect in third grade.
- Picture Day 9/25
- ELA- Reader’s Workshop/Writer’s Workshop
Reader’s Workshop allows students to read at their own level while focusing on certain comprehension and reading skills. Students will read independently, talk with their reading partner and conference with the teacher.
- Science- Mystery Science~ engineering, forces, motion, life cycles, weather
- Math- Ready Classroom plus IXL
- addition and subtraction, multiplication and division (basic facts), fractions (understanding and comparing), perimeter and area, time, length, volume, mass, WORD PROBLEMS
**STUDENTS MUST KNOW THEIR MULTIPLICATION FACTS
- Social Studies- map skills, communities, US geography
- Health- setting goals, preventing illness, human life cycle
- ELA- sheet
- Math- none
- ELA- watch "A Bad Case of Stripes" on Google Classroom or follow this link
- Math- sheet
- ELA- watch "Gertrude McFuzz" on Google Classroom or follow this link