Mrs. Cardoza's Class
Welcome to 3rd grade!
I am very excited to have the opportunity to work with you and your child this year.
This website has been created to keep you informed of important events, homework, and what to expect in third grade.
- Back to School Night 9/24
- There are 2 links at the bottom of my web page for Back to School Night, but I have also put this information on Google Classroom if that is easier for you to use. Click on the link below to see what Reader's Workshop looks like.
- ELA- Reader’s Workshop/Writer’s Workshop
Reader’s Workshop allows students to read at their own level while focusing on certain comprehension and reading skills. Students will read independently, talk with their reading partner and conference with the teacher.
- Science- Mystery Science~ engineering, forces, motion, life cycles, weather
- Math- Ready Classroom plus IXL
- addition and subtraction, multiplication and division (basic facts), fractions (understanding and comparing), perimeter and area, time, length, volume, mass, WORD PROBLEMS
**STUDENTS MUST KNOW THEIR MULTIPLICATION FACTS
- Social Studies- map skills, communities, US geography
- Health- setting goals, preventing illness, human life cycle